Monday, April 8, 2024

FOR SALE!

Proceeds from sales go to funding future projects that will be uploaded for FREE. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!


Snell Type JIII speakers with original stands - $350/pr.




For more details, please read my three part series covering restoration + thoughts on these classics. 

I probably would've settled with these speakers driven by an EL34 amp (see below 😊) if I didn't get into Altecs and SE amps.

Full disclosure: one unit has a slight blemish at the rear bottom corner.

Watch the Snell JIIIs play Lou Donaldson driven by my Choke-Capacitance Coupled SE300B mono blocks.😊


Music Reference RM9 Amplifier - $1,750 or your best offer!



This is a very clean sample of Roger Modjeski's classic Music Reference RM9 dual channel power amplifier from the early 90s. The push-pull parallel EL34 (4 per channel) output pentodes were factory wired as triodes driven by 4 x 6DJ8 (2 per channel) input tubes. I measured 35 watts per channel before visible clipping and idle current is very stable at 2 amps, an indication of healthy capacitors.


Although the amp looks great with the tubes exposed, it also comes with the original cage. 

Music Reference RM9 driving the Snell JIIIs


Merrill Modified AR ES-1 Turntable + Sumiko FT3 Tonearm - $900 or your best offer!


Merrill modified AR ES-1 + Sumiko FT-3 + AT3600L in action


I'm located in the Philadelphia metro area and willing to demo to those who express serious interest! 


Since I don't have the original packing materials for these components, cash + local sale only. 


Please leave me a message in the comment section with your email. It won't be published and I'll reply to you directly. 


I'm always on the lookout for classic Altec drivers, vacuum tubes, chokes, SE OPT and power transformers, idler driven turntables, tonearms, etc.


Let me know what you have. Maybe we can work out a trade.


Software



NOS CDs of Triode - A Piano Trio


Sample Tracks:





About the Artists

Track Selection + Liner Notes

$15 each CD, free shipping using USPS Media mail within the continental US
PayPal accepted

Thanks for your continued support!










No comments:

Post a Comment